Sabrawal, Himani. (2016). A study of integration and perception about Learners use of ICT as an integral, accessible and utilitarian resource of teaching-learning in teacher education. Unpublished. Ph.D., Education. Banasthali University, Rajasthan.
• To study the perception of learners towards integration, accessibility and utility of ICT.
• To verify the availability and accessibility of ICT equipments in TEI’s of Dehradun.
• To ascertain whether the available ICT equipments is properly utilized in the training of pupil-teachers in TEI’s of Dehradun.
• To study the difference amongst perception of pupil-teachers on the basis of the following:
1. Gender: Male and Female students
2. Locality: rural and urban
3. Institutions: Government and Non-government
4. Discipline-Science, Arts and Commerce
• ICT equipments are available and accessible in the TEI’s of Dehradun
• ICT equipments are properly utilized in training of pupil-teachers in TEI’s of Dehradun.
• There exists positive perception of learners towards integration, accessibility and utility of ICT
The population for the present study consisted of 3300 pupil-teachers studying in the B.Ed colleges of Dehradun.The sample in this study was disaggregated by region i.e B.Ed Colleges of Dehradun district through stratified random sampling. The sample is 750 pupil teachers.
(i) Perception scale for Pupil-Teachers
(ii) An observation schedule for the researchers
(iii) Semi-structured interview
Survey method was used for the study.
Descriptive statistics using frequencies presented in the tables and histograms was used in this study, while the t-test and ANOVA is used to calculate the statistical significance regarding the perception of learners towards ICT. The data was analysed using SPSS.t-test was used to investigate relationships between pupil-teachers’ gender, locality, type of institution and streams of subjects offered and perception towards ICT skills, purpose integration ,usage and accessibility in teaching in teaching-learning of B.Ed training programme. Multivariate analyses of variance (MANOVA) were used to compare the mean scores on the basis of streams /subjects offered and perception of learners.
The student teachers at the B.Ed
colleges of Dehradun have positive attitude and perception regarding
their ICT skills and related computer applications.
The analyses found that female
teachers report significantly positive perceptions in using ICT with
students for teaching and learning and the students of male
teachers currently use ICT more frequently to both enhance and
transform the curriculum
The study found that disciplines
or streams of subject didn’t have any effect on the perception of
pupil-teachers towards ICT in education. They also found that there
was no difference in the attitude of teachers using technology in
college and classes.
Findings from the study shows that
the organization type government and non-government did not affect
the perception of learners towards ICT, its skills ,purpose,
intergrity, usage and accessibility in education .
The study found that student
teachers agree that the integration of ICT in their compulsory and optional subjects in B.Ed programme possibly encourages them to
engage in deeper forms of learning.
Findings from the study further
suggests that a majority of student teachers have positive
perceptions about using ICT in their learning and it seems students
more readily use ICT for informative and functional purposes which
appear to be of educational value and might enhance deeper forms of
The study suggests that perception
regarding accessibility of ICT skills, tools and equipments is not
very positive amongst pupil-teachers
The study strengthens the opinion
that there is a need for chalking out a curriculum integrating ICT.
Further, there was a significant
difference between male and female teachers, indicating that male
pupil-teachers were more confident to use ICT with their assignments
in teaching and learning.
Keyword(s): ICT, teacher education